Friday, April 22

Man vs Garage 1 spoiler...

I'm working on a new project, using my garage as the weather is quite nice now. I'm making a poker table, which I think will get a lot of use in the summer. It will have room for 6-8 people, have a felt top and cup holders... So far I have spent about $10 on the wood, $10 on the felt for the top, and I need to buy paint.

I'm debating the options for the edge of the table. It will be a raised edge, but I'm not sure whether I'm gonna use a router to round the edges and paint them, or if I'll get some pleather and padding and upholster them. I'm leaning towards routing and painting due to less work involved and being able to acquire another power tool.

If I do go with that option, I have had thoughts of drilling poker chip sized holes and inlaying some of my old chips into the edge. I'm not sure what I could use to cover the chips. It would need to be clear and harden well. I haven't seen anything recently that would do that, but I haven't looked that hard. If anyone has any ideas, let me know... I'm all ears.

No comments: