Monday, April 25

5 Games anyone?

4 games into the ball hockey season, and I have already witnessed 2 fights involving our team. Aside from the fact that this is "D" division ball hockey in Waterloo, the penalty for fighting is a FIVE GAME SUSPENSION and $50 fine... What a waste on all accounts. I have to give it to Bearsy, who tried his best not to fight, "He just kept punching me in the face..." He managed to Suplex the guy and only lose 1 glove, but still get the fighting major... The other fight had our skinniest guy land a bout with the Juicer with no neck... Otto didn't stand a chance, and ended up with a huge black eye...

Now, I love fighting in professional hockey as much as Don Cherry does, but in Ball Hockey league... give me a break. It's too much to expect that all the bravado be removed from the game, cause what do we have if we can't tell a guy any number of swears and shove a little bit? But actually dropping the friggin gloves for a ball hockey game? Stupid...

Our team is pretty good. We had a great weekend, winning 5-1 over the Generals and coming back to Tie the game against the Stingers on Sunday. I scored the tying goal with 40 seconds left... booyah! It's been pretty fun so far, I just hope there's no more fights, cause we're running out of players to lose for 5 games...

No comments: