Saturday, April 2

April Tool's Day

So, I have sucessfully pulled the same gag at work for 2 years running now... I call in to work in the morning, saying that my car has broken down, and I'm not sure when I'll get to work. Then, I show up at regular time, and get smacked in the arm by whichever staff took the message. This year, a not was put in the communication book regarding my impending absence, which makes it more funny to me.

Now, I've always known April fool's to be done at noon on the first of april, probably because teachers didn't want to bother being anxious about whoopy cushions etc for the whole day...

Faith calls me at 4:15, when she was supposed to pick me up at 4:00. This is fairly normal, cause Faith is on-time challenged... she says she's been in an accident, and she's not sure if the car's driveable. This supposedly happened near the group home, so I grabbed my coat and was gonna walk to the scene of the accident to work things out. Then I hear the squeally belt of our car as it pulls into the driveway, and realize that I was duped... completely not expecting anything, getting mad about having to fix the car, and future insurance hikes... ugh. I'm a chump, but she was totally out of line... or was she?

No comments: