Monday, February 7

The Village: Reserving Good Judgement


Last night, we rented M. Night Shayamalan's The Village. Overall, I really liked it, falling head over feet into the story and eating up the twist at the end like free beer at a frat party.

My only concerns with it were that it was very slow building, and I found myself at times just wanting the plot to speed up a bit. The end made up for it as far as I'm concerned, but hey, I almost didn't make it there. Also, I really expected a scary movie, which I didn't get. There were a few suspenceful moments, but overall, it was quite bland in the scream department.

But

It was a very well done movie, with great colour emphasis particularly with the red and yellow, the bad and safe colours. It was very Schlindlers List or Hero like in it's emphasis of red in an overall bland set. The whole idea of "those we don't speak of" was very cool.

The only question I have now is what colour Lucious is. Stop asking...

No comments: