Sunday, February 13

Drug Addiction is ReLentless

So, Pancake tuesday came and went, and so comes the season of lent. I started practicing lent last year and gave up pop for the 40 some odd days... man that sucked, but I made it. I usually have 2 cans of pepsi or Dr Pepper by 10 am, so it was a tough haul right off. Caffeine shakes and headaches, and weight loss in the first few weeks, but I adjusted and plumped right back up.

Lent is supposed to be a reminder of the 40 days that Christ spent in the desert being tempted, a reminder that He went through temptation and a reminder for us to suck it up, cause we have it pretty good. Anyways, last year I thought it was just 40 days and a bunch of us at work did it, until Palm Sunday... then found out from someone that it is supposed to go right to Easter Sunday. What?! Sundays are extra. Some people say Sundays don't count, because they remind us of the resurection, others say you can use Sundays as a "break" from what you fast, others just suck it up and fast for 46 days... Break day sounds an awful lot like the "Body for Life" diet... Winners Finish, Finishers Win... So I'm just gonna go "hardcore" and opt not to use break days...

This year I added greasy fast food to my repetoire, making it a bit tougher. I think I probably eat some sort of fast food at least twice a week, usually at work, so this will be tough. I'll have to make sure I have time to do Subway or Pita Pit, or, heaven forbid, take a lunch with me... yuck. So I take tylenol with me to work so I can rid myself of those nasty caffeine headaches, and hope I have time to take care of lunch...

No comments: