Thursday, October 6

Shootout Shmootout

While I found the shootout to be a pillar of excitement, I can't help but griping about the results. Go figure though. First game in a long time, good set of rivals (Ott and Tor) and possibility to be controversial (with lots of new rule changes)... had to be the Leaf game...

I missed most of the game, although it turned out I didn't miss much, with the game being 1-0 for a long time. It was real good to see the newbies in action for the Leafs, seing a lot of Lindros and Allison (both putting up defenceman type minutes). Hopefully Sundin isn't that badly injured... he should be wearing a visor anyways, right mom?


It was good to see the game again, although it conflicted with episode 3 of LOST. Something to be said about the shootout though. I went to a different room and opted to watch it over the end of LOST, which was very good last night. I caught most of the story at commercial breaks, but there was no way I wasn't gonna be glued to the set for the shootout... If the Leafs won, I'd be happy, otherwise, I feel cheated by the new rules... "games shouldn't be decided this way" I'd grumble...

Inset pic: Barenaked Ladies singing national anthem... who's the guy second from the left? I recognize the other 4 dorks, but this guy seems too dorky (like a ringer)

No comments: