Wednesday, October 19

Ever Feel Like a Criminal?

Twice in the past week, I have. Last week sometime, I got to work and my key wouldn't work in the front entrance. I went to them back door to try it, subsequently setting off the alarm (a very loud one) which could be heard throughout the Christian Horizons Building (Corporate Office and West District office). I scampered quite quickly to the front entrance to punch in the code (4 8 15 16 23 42) and shut off the alarm. I called the security company to make sure I wasn't gonna get a visit from the police, and everything was ok.

Last night, I was teaching at Calvary Pentecostal Assembly School of the Arts, when I left the teaching area between lessons to use the washroom. Other teachers often share the same lesson time in the teaching area, but they had all gone home by then. My 9:00 lesson showed up just as I was realizing that I locked my keys in the teaching area. I scrambled and tried the ol' Bible College blockbuster card trick, to no avail. Apparently that only works on Chris Pudel's room. I was forced to send my student home as I had no idea when I was going to get back in. Oddly enough, the only thing I worried about was my computer left in the room and my bottle of Dr Pepper. I called someone, they came to let me in, and I was extra paranoid of leaving my keys anywhere after that.

It's a strange feeling, trying to break in to a place you're supposed to be, can't immagine what it would be like actually breaking into some place. That's my story

No comments: