Monday, January 31

Holding on... barely

Hey folks, it's been 3 days without internet and I'm holding on... barely. I just found that if I sit in the far corner of my new bedroom, i can connect reasonably to a friendly neighborhood linksys network, so here I sit. We're almost all moved, just small trinkets and garbage left in the ol abode. It's nice being closer to work, and oh, so much nicer to have air circulation. The best thing is that if we turn off music and tv, there is nothing... silence... SILENCE! Not part of the vocabulary at the ol' place...

Uhaul was a big frustration on moving day. The truck I was supposed to get was broken, so they scrounged up another which took 1/2 hour... The only truck available was a 24' truck, so we moved... took one load over, then went back for the rest, load up, and try to turn around. Lo, and Behold... reverse doesn't work anymore... Of all the stupid problems to have, considering I only needed to back up 40 feet or so, reverse doesn't work. I sit on hold with Uhaul hotline for 15 minutes and suggest that maybe my friends push. Matt and Tim tried, and surprisingly enough, it moved, so Dave and Mike thought it wasn't so stupid anymore and pushed too... We manage to get to the new place, and back to uhaul without having to reverse... That truck was a piece of crap.

Special thanks to Rich, Jim, Matt, Dave, Mike, Tim and of course Jebus for help on moving day. My washing machine will never be the same...

No comments: