Sunday, January 16

I'm Mad

This past week has been a doozie... Thursday, we got a phone call from the Church Board rep who read a statement about the pastor, taking a LOA until things could be sorted out. Out of the blue... long story shorter... today the Pastor announced through a statement prepared by the elders and him that he was resigning. The Elders then read a statement saying that the pastor had decided to resign when faced with some irreconcileable differences with some leaders, and realizing that this was the "best" for the church.

I'm furious right now.

It seems everyone knows what the "real" issues are, but couldn't tell us, and everyone seems to be telling us to "trust" them because it is the right thing. Everyone knows except us, and the Pastor.

He came to talk to us on thursday night, a broken man, shattered and blind-sided by this all, but not wanting to continue his ministry when approached and "asked" to resign. He seems to be clueless as much as us, but everyone else in the church seems to know what's up...

Faith and I were very close to Pastor Richard. I consider him a good friend. It pains me to see him treated like this. It's all happened so fast, it just seems too "fishy". We've been attending Breslau for the past 2 1/2 years, and this leaves us reconsidering our position there as members. I can understand that mistakes were probably made, but that is not reasonable cause for this. People are retarted, they screw up, but are we all so non confrontational that we need to let things stew long enough to boil over like this. The feeling I get from this is that the offences weren't as serious as abuse, but something less drastic, and not treated properly... Ugh

I'm Mad. Sometime this week we'll find out what the real issue is, but I'm not sure that will change anything I'm feeling. I'm mad!

No comments: