Thursday, January 6

Wanna make a quick buck?


Who ever thought collecting points at a store would be useful? I have collected optimum points for a few years at Shoppers Drug Mart. If you get to 34,000 points, you can redeem your points for $75 off your purchase. Cool, eh?

How can I, the consumer, make best use of this money.

Well, have I news for you. You can take your optimum points and put them towards something big such as a Home theatre set or Digital camera, something more than $75 and get a sweet deal.

But Shoppers has crap quality electronics etc. when it comes to price vs quality...

Would you just listen... Just return that item with reasonable cause, and get your money back so you can go elsewhere to purchase such an item.

But Wait... somehow they cannot re-instate my optimum points onto my card when processing my refund. What will I do? Well, they offer me the $75 back in cash, because of their inability to refund points, therefore converting my points into Cash. This worked last year when my purchased digital camera was not the one advertised on the box, so I took the cash and bought one elsewhere. This year, I bought the home theatre system, and got it home to find it didn't have the features I wanted... So I take the cash and put it towards a much better system for a cheap price. Merry Christmas Shoppers Drugmart.

No comments: