Monday, September 19

The Fabulous life of...

My Head!

I've gone through many a phase in the past few years, as far as my head goes. I've always enjoyed doing strange things with my hair, so here is a phot journal of what my hair's been through in the past few years.

First shot is January 2004, quite short then, I think I had started from scratch the fall prior and that's where I was at. I had decided to grow my hair until I could have dreads. I had never grown my hair all out, having a year or so of forgettable hairdo's courtesy of Dave.

The next shot is as Grandma's place, October 2004 when Faith teased my hair enough to make it stand up and almost walk out on me. They straightened it before they teased it, and somehow my hair didn't fall out due to shattered self esteem.


Next is January 2005, my nephew, Garrett, is seeing how big my mouth can open. My mom didn't much like me with loing hair, but she did like my curls.


Next was the age of hair extensions. Final Count: 104 braids, instant length. It was cool to have hair that long without putting the effort or time into growing it that long. I really enjoyed the month I had these, but man, did those stupid things smell. They smelled like a dirty dishcloth, and took forever to dry. Plus, my hockey helmet had a real tough time getting on my head.


Next up is the old shorty long... Business in the front, party in the back... the soccer shocker... the kentucky waterfall... the ape drape... the safety cut... on and on... I sported a full-on mullet for 5 days spanning trips to Wonderland, Marineland and the Acton Fall Fair where I posed with silver Elvis. This was fun, but agonizing. I got a lot of funny looks and reactions, but really didn't like not being able to pull all my hair back. I wanted to wear a hockey hair for the first game of my Church league hockey season, so I did and skated around the rink without my helmet during warmup.

Which brings me to today, coming full cycle to the uncle fester look. I chopped it right down to the "wood", scaring most of my music students today and not being recognized by my wife. I'm liking the "Powder" look, and just hope I don't get bad razorburn. Been there, done that. There ya go MOM, I cut my hair. I hope you enjoyed my synopsis of my hair's do's.

No comments: