Sunday, July 10

Game 7 Heroics

Yesterday was gme 3 of our semi final ball hockey playoffs. Tied 1-1, this game was the deciding one. We were up early, 3-2, then they scored a few quick goals. bringing us to 3 minutes left in the game, down 5-3. We scored a goal, pulled the goalie with about a minute left, then comes my glorious moment. Kelly won the faceoff back to me with about 30 seconds left, I just put as much mustard on the shot as I could and I curved right into the top shelf... tie game! A few minutes into overtime, we scored to win the series, beating the first place team who only lost 4 times all year.

It feels nice to win something.

Next week that puts us against the second place Stingers for the D division championship. If we win this, we'll go to Provincial Championships in Hamilton in August.

Booyah!

Next game is This weekend, July 16th at 5 or 6pm, with the next tourney at the garagio following the game at 7:00-7:30... Will I repeat as big winner this time, or is if time for a new champion? We could have a new points leader after this week...

No comments: