Thursday, December 2

Rost in Transration

Hey, been a week...  just been lazy...  bought a cheap mp3 player off ebay, chasing the wind, so to speak, trying to get something good for real cheap...  It cam in this week, directly from hong kong, and guess what!
 
IT DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY!
 
Like I should be surprised, I am ticked...  The guy in HK  is pretty nice, and is very helpful, so I will eventually get a working one if I don't get this one up and running properly.  The user manual should have tipped me off that I was in for a hassle (as if the $36cdn mp3 player wasn't a worning sign already).  Anywho, heres some quotes from the user manual.  You may think that these few snippits are just the few mistakes, but I beg to differ.  The entire user manual is written like this... 
 
"can pass the microphonr recording and keep to WAV and ACT speech text file of the frmat, the eligibility chooses the part replies to read or contrast to reply to read" - I think explaining the voice recorder function.
 
"strong and big automatic manhunt broadcasting station 40 different frequencies(20 in one), make yoi relaxed to the program" - explaining the scan fm radio function
 
"Blanced machine in 7 kinds of tone colour" - talking about the EQ settings
 
"-All cartoon list - animation menu that keep the view, match with the homologous writing elucidation, you can easily use it" - I could easily use it if I knew what the crap it's talking about...
 
"When the battery uses up almost, diagram the mark is central to change into the blank, at this time should on time replace the battery." - Battery power meter instructions
 
"Pass to presss "Mode" key can enter to all level menu.  the menu is divided into main course single (the ceasing is to grow to press into), broadcast of submenu (short press into) with submenu (short press into) that stop the hour." - ........
 
Then there's the "difficult questions" part...
 
"having no power:  whether right gearing, whether turning on the player" - very helpful
 
"effection of FM is not good:  turn off the electric power eqips nearby"
 
Oi...  ah well...  I'm a sucker... hopefully I'll get a working player sometime...  I really had no expectations...  so I'm not too upset, just frustrated...  bah
 
 
On another note, Lost ep 10 was on last night....  man that show is good.  I'm dying to see next week's episode...  never trust a stranger from Ontario...  all jerks

No comments: