Friday, February 16

so I'm pretty much a superhero...

Faith, Silas and I went to Toronto on Thursday to visit Faith's Grandparents while they were in town. We parked at Yorkdale as usual, then took the subway downtown. On the way through the mall, a pregnant woman dropped some money in front of us, so we picked it up and Paid it forward. She was pretty surprised. Then we were just about to get to the subway when I saw an old woman fall as she got on the escalator. She couldn't get up and was riding up the stairs with her head 2 steps below her feet. It was obvious that she could not get up on her own. Now, we're in Toronto, so nobody even batted an eyelash. The TTC workers stopped talking to one another to watch the woman ride up upside-down.

Here's where I come in, we had just paid our fares, so I ran up and got to her before she got to the top and certain peril. Well, maybe not certain, but it wasn't gonna be good. I asked her if she was ok and she replied the standard "I've fallen and I can't get up". I helped her to her feet just before we reached the top and made sure she was alright. She said she was dizzy, but she'd be ok.

It was clear that we were the nicest people in Toronto on Thursday. It's too cold to wear tights so I think I'll pass on the career change to being the superhero that rides the subway.

that's about it.

No comments: