Monday, June 5

Carolina in 7...



I'd love to go for the underdogs again and pick the oil for the cup, but I have to go with the ol' heart and root for the wonderdog, Kevyn Adams, to hoist the cup! Kevyn leads the Hurricanes in faceoff win % at a little over 60% success... Although, he hasn't had a point yet in this playoff, I think he'll come up with some clutch shot blocks this series to help the Canes defeat the Oilers in 7 games...

I can't purely make my decision on the Canadian team vs the American team... it's a flawed argument as most of the players, who make up the team, are Canadian on either side, with a bunch of Euros and the odd American (ie Adams) mixed in. With the same reasoning, if it were Ottawa vs Carolina in the finals, I could never pick the Sens to win, regardless of whether they're Canadian or not...

I expect a lot of good battles with more grit from Brind'amour and Adams, and expect to see Stillman keep rolling along on another stellar playoff... It'll be fun to watch Pronger wallpaper more people and Ryan Smith grind his share of goals in, but I think the victory will ultimately go to the Canes. Keep on trucking...

No comments: